Founded in 1949, Western Propane Gas Association (WPGA) is a trade and membership service organization. The WPGA represents propane marketers throughout California. The organization holds high standards of practice within the industry, as it enables its members to compete in the marketplace.
The mission of the Western Propane Gas Association (WPGA) is to:
- Promote and develop the propane industry and to coordinate its activities to serve its members and the public.
- Advance the best business practices for various methods of manufacture, distribution, utilization, sales and accounting employed in the propane industry and to collect, coordinate and disseminate ideas and information for this purpose.
- Represent the propane industry before governmental bureaus, agencies and other bodies in matters of safety and issues of interest to the public and to members of the propane industry.
- Advance knowledge and learning in the sciences and to stimulate invention and research, especially as applied to the propane industry.
- Cooperate with other organizations in efforts toward accident prevention, conservation and other activities.
- Promote employee training and education for the specific skills employed in the propane industry.
- Cooperate with other organizations to encourage and promote economic advancement, accident prevention, conservation, promotion of sound legislation and government regulations, standardization and other activities; and to perform any other act relative to said industry for the benefit of its members, not in conflict with the laws of the United States or of any state in which the association functions, it being understood that this association is not formed for profit but to promote closer relations and cordial cooperation in all branches of the propane industry.