PROPANE: A SOLID CHOICE
Why propane? It’s efficient. It’s clean. It’s safe.
Reasons people in California use propane over natural gas, electricity and oil:
- It’s safe. Underground installation of propane, which is nontoxic, is safe. Also, propane handlers follow strict guidelines set forth by the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA).
- It’s efficient and affordable. When you start using propane, you’re likely to see a drop in your energy costs in comparison to oil and electric, without sacrificing anything on the comfort front.
- It’s clean and green. Greenhouse gas emissions are lower for propane than they are for most energy sources.
- It’s reliable. Want to keep a reasonable supply at your fingertips? Keep a ready-to-use tank on your property!
- It’s made in the U.S. The majority of propane used in the U.S. is produced domestically. Propane production and sales help America move toward energy independence.
Propane in California: by the numbers
Estimated number of propane gallons Californians use each year.
Approximate number of households that use propane as a primary heating fuel; that’s more than any other state.
Approximate number of propane gallons used for space heating.
Estimated number of propane gallons used for water heating.
Considering starting or expanding your use of propane at home? Please contact your local propane company to learn about how propane can benefit you.