Learn about the benefits of energy efficiency.
A survey sponsored by the Propane Education and Research Council (PERC) offered the following results:
- 6 out of 10 homeowners said they are looking to save on energy bills when they spend money on home improvements. Home propane equipment delivers in this department, with tankless water heaters and modern stainless-steel appliances.
- Propane users are the most interested in tankless water heaters—many of them Energy Star rated.
- The opportunity for homeowners to apply for a federal tax credit after installing a qualifying propane tankless system also generated interest.
Even beyond propane tankless water heaters, consumers have shown an uptick in interest in a new product that uses micro-combined heat and power (micro-CHP) technology. Here are a few things to know:
- With this product, a home’s furnace can be combined with a generator to produce heat and electricity.
- Homeowners using this hybrid system for an average of 4,000 hours annually can generate almost 5,000 kilowatt-hours of electricity, saving money while significantly reducing their carbon footprint.
Keep an eye out for yet another new propane appliance. This one, a high-efficiency heat pump driven by a propane-fueled engine, can heat and cool multiple zones within a home.
Considering starting or expanding your use of propane at home? Click here to learn about the water rebate program. Please contact your local propane company to learn about how propane can benefit you.